Welcome to our Website
Our team has been working as a part of the Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań. We focus mainly on birds, but we often use other groups of organisms as model species. Our researches deal with population ecology, evolutionary biology, breeding biology, behaviour, as well as protection of global biodiversity. Within the wide scope of interests our group members particulary following issues:
- spatial distribution modeling of vertebrate and invertebrate (Jakub Z. Kosicki, PhD),
- birds migration (Piotr Zduniak, PhD),
- ecology and conservation of cavity users (Ziemowit Kosiński, PhD),
- mechanisms, functions and evolution of animal coloration (Adrian Surmacki, PhD),
- ecology and conservation of wetland birds and corvids (Aleksander Winiecki, PhD),
- moulting mechanism and incubation behavior of owls (Zbigniew Kwieciński, PhD).
In order to explain complex biological processes we use fieldwork combined with experimental methods and bioinformatics techniques, such as mathematical modeling and simulations.